YARD SALE TIME

iVillage Member
YARD SALE TIME
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 7:04am

My neighborhood has a yard sale every year on our huge sale weekend at work! So I never get to have a yard sale! Well this year, our neighborhood didn't have a yard sale, so I printed flyers and put one in the neighbors mailboxes!

It's next weekend, June 19th! (My next weekend off work.) Yesterday my boy and I started going through so much crap! All my holiday stuff, closets, clothes, pocketbooks, kitchen stuff. Holy cow!!! I have piles and piles of stuff I can't wait to get rid of!! I've been putting it off getting rid of everything

iVillage Member
In reply to: heyaim
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 8:47am

Good luck at the yard sale! It's that time of year!

I had a bunch of yard sales when I was getting out of debt years ago, and I didn't even use the money towards my debt, just living expenses. But, like you said, it's the GETTING RID OF STUFF that made the difference.

Just the burden of having to go through it all and seeing how much I wanted other people to take it - CHEAP! - helped me think twice about buying new stuff.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-14-2010 - 5:15pm

Went this weekend - spent a total of $4.00 and got the games "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" AND the original "Scene It."

Great deal - and ALL pieces are there!

Garage sales rock.

"I know God will not give me more than I can handle, I just wish he wouldn't trust me so much!" Mother Theresa

"I know God will not give me more than I can handle, I just wish he wouldn't trust me so much!" Mother Theresa

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 7:55am
OMG! Starting to wonder why I decided to do this!! LOL

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 8:08am
Good luck! The last time I had a yard sale, I didn't price anything at all. I don't like that part! It was a small sale, though, and didn't get a lot of traffic. So, I talked to everyone who walked up the driveway.

Photobucket

Photobucket