Friday Free For All: June 11

iVillage Member
Friday Free For All: June 11
Thu, 06-10-2010 - 11:17pm
Hi everyone. Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week. Any big plans for the weekend?

How is your current budgeting holding up? Are you on track?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 5:58am

No real plans for my weekend, beyond working Saturday. I did my last test for this semester today so I plan to take it easy, although I may try to catch up with a few friends on Sunday, depending on how I'm feeling.

As for my budget, its a bit so-so, because I totally blew the grocery budget today. More on that on the grocery thread.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 7:31am

Hi Lyn,

I read your Grocery challenge post. I wouldn't say you blew it. You're on the right track for future savings! You found a great deal for staple items and stocked up. That's a great strategy, as long as you can pay for the bulk items without going into debt or going hungry because you can't afford the food you need to eat this month.

I always plan to buy a few items in bulk each month, although I might not know what they are until they go on sale. It's actually included in my grocery budget.

It's great to look in a full pantry and realize you paid the best price you could get for everything in there.

Also, when you're making dinner and run out of olive oil, for example, you just reach in and pull out a bottle you

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 8:09am

This was a great week for me. It was my first week in a long time without RA pain or some other health issue keeping me away from my baby. I loved this week.

The monthly budget is still on track, including groceries.

I also have a special vacation budget for next week's beach trip with my

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-11-2010 - 5:26pm

Thanks Colleen. I never thought of the deals that I picked up that way - I guess I'm not really use to buying in bulk since its rare to have decent enough prices to do so.

I think its great news that you've had a week free from RA pain. As I suffer chronic pain, I can understand how good it is to have time that is pain free.

Lyn

Lyn