Friday Free for All: Vents & Victories

iVillage Member
Friday Free for All: Vents & Victories
Fri, 06-18-2010 - 9:46am

Hi everybody! How was your week? Do you have any budgeting vents or victories to share?

I want to encourage you to join in on the Menu Plan challenge this Sunday and plan ahead your dinners for the week. This is a great way to stay on budget for food by buying just the groceries you need, and

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 8:10pm

My budgeting victory is one that has steadily built for a number of weeks. I am now at the point where I am contributing to my savings every week - it is only a small $5 per week, but if I'm needing to juggle the budget to make it work in any week, I'm not willing to cut savings out - which I used to do on a regular basis. :)

Its already halfway through Sunday here. I spent yesterday working, and am taking it easy today. I'll probably do some cross-stitch this afternoon. I'm working the next six days so I am definitely wanting to relax today.

Lastly, not sure where this fits budgetwise, but I finally received my Sony Reader a couple of days ago, so I'll be selling off my print books (except for the autographed ones that I have received from the authors) and buying ebook versions. I don't expect to make money from this - in fact I think that I potentially will only break even. I'm wanting the e-versions of the print books in my bookshelf because they are still there because I like to re-read them. Unfortunately, I have discovered already that I will need a bigger memory card for the reader. :(

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 9:08pm

Congrats on the savings, Lyn! The book reader sounds cool. Enjoy it!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-19-2010 - 9:18pm

I had a couple of victories this week. The menu plan worked out GREAT! I did all my prep work on Sunday. I chopped

Photobucket