How do you do your holiday shopping???

iVillage Member
How do you do your holiday shopping???
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 11:21pm
With the speaking of the christmas club challenge, I was wondering how everyone does this holiday shopping. Do you shop online, or go to the stores, or use Yard Sales in the summer?

summer siggy Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 12:24am

Vanessa, what a great question.

Personally, I try to come up with ideas of what to buy for each person on my list before I start shopping. If I have an idea of what I'm wanting, I'll look both online and in stores to find what I want. If I find a cheaper price for something online, I'm always wary to check if the site charges shipping and how much they charge if they do. More importantly, I double check where the site will ship to.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 11:11am

I usually make most gifts for my friends and family. In the past, I've made gifts-in-a-jar, which are a bargain if you make a lot,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 11:24am

I guess I should answer my own question!!

I do all my shopping at the mall, unless I find something at a yard sale in the summer. I grew up with going to a big city mall to do our christmas shopping, it was a family holiday on one of dads days off, i wouldn't have to go to school and got to go christmas shopping instead!!! (I can't wait to do this with Carolynn :-) ) But I've always LOVED the holiday hustle and bustle at the store. I'm not to much of a fan with it and a baby, but last year we actually did pretty good :-)

I'm going to try to do some shopping online this year for my parents and DH's. We will probably do a calendar of Carolynn :-)

summer siggy Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 8:42pm
I usually make cookies and goodies, then after Xmas I but the bags/tins on clearance for the next one :-)
June 2010 Siggy Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

wedding websites

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 9:51pm

"i wouldn't have to go to school and got to go christmas shopping instead!!!"

Oh my gosh, that sounds like fun! I'll have to remember that.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 6:34am

I agree, that totally sounds like fun!!!

In answer to the question... I scout what I want to get kind of early at the stores. That way I have it in my mind, what I want to get and if I see it on sale early or it's selling out quick I can snatch it. I use this more for nieces and the nephew. I also love the malls at Christmas, not the crowds but the decorations and the overall air and feeling of it.

We've made snapfish calendars for grandparents since little one's first Christmas in 2008. They love them. With being in the military and living a considerable distance from each set, it's a way for them to get to see her each day. Snapfish usually cuts good deals at the holidays :)

Photobucket
Photobucket