Two for Tuesday: Found Money

iVillage Member
Two for Tuesday: Found Money
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 12:00pm

Did you happen to see the Clean House "Messiest House in America" last week? The house was a doozy, of course, but the most shocking thing to me was the money that was strewn about the house like trash!

Throughout the show, the

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 4:22pm

Oh I have found money here. Last week I found $100 in the washer!!! Totally happy, and since we are behind on our x-mas fund I put it in there :-)

summer siggy Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 8:39pm
I have occasionally tucked away money and forgot about then found it....not in a long time though. :-(
June 2010 Siggy Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

wedding websites

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 9:55pm

Have you ever found money in an unexpected place?

Every once in a while I'll find some allowance cash tucked in a pocket or tote bag. I hate that! I get mad that I lost track of it and it could have been gone forever. It usually happens when I switch purses.

Have you ever found anything else of value, like checks made out to you, jewelry, gift cards, or postage stamps in an unexpected place?

I've found gift cards. A few years ago, it seems like everyone gave gift cards and nothing else. Thank goodness personal gifts are making a comeback! I think I have them all corralled in the pouch of my Dave Ramsey envelope system wallet now, but who knows?

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 6:23am

Little late, but here I am.

Have you ever found money in an unexpected place?
- Yes, I've found some in sweatshirt and jacket pockets when either putting winter clothes away or pulling them out. The washer isn't an unexpected place to find money anymore lol

Have you ever found anything else of value?
- I've found checks and gift cards stuffed into my jewelry box before. A couple of baby shower gifts in with little one's clothes :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 8:56am

I am generally a super clean person and very organized.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 6:50pm

It is unusual that I will find money in unexpected places as I usually make a point of putting the money in my wallet before I move from the counter where I've paid for something. However sometimes I will find money on my desk either from counting what's in my change jar or from double checking what cash I have in my wallet.

However, as strange as this may sound, yesterday I jumped on my online banking to check a few things while working on my budget for the week and discovered $50 that I didn't know I had. After checking what was going on with my bank, it turns out that my grandmother had deposited some money in my check account (and it was done a couple of days ago as well). I know why she's done so, but I wasn't expecting it because I had told her not to.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 8:59am
That's awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 9:01am
Oh, that's sweet. :o)

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-09-2010 - 6:35pm
Six years ago my sister and I cleaned
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-11-2010 - 6:18pm

Wow! I wonder if she had it there on purpose and knew it was there. Good thing you looked inside the containers!

That reminds me of a time when I was helping a friend move and we found a beautiful little diamond ring, engraved with initials and a date in the 1930's, if I remember corectly. It was wedged in the side of a dresser drawer. My friend had bought the dresser second-hand a few years earlier.

Once, my mom found a ring on the beach with a huge rock in it. I forget what kind, but she had it appraised and it was real, whatever it was.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages