Monday Money Minute: Brown Bag Faves

iVillage Member
Monday Money Minute: Brown Bag Faves
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 9:41am

Bringing a lunch from home is a great way to save money on food. But, let's admit it, sometimes it gets a little boring. Eating out at lunch is probably more fun and

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 11:34am

I'm home now, so I usually eat lunch at home. I do most of the grocery shopping for us, so I get DH whatever lunch meat and cheese he wants. I also splurge on his favorite deli mustard.

I buy individual green apples, even though it's cheaper to buy them in a bag. Around here, they really are better, and have a better chance of being eaten, when you pick them out individually.

So I splurge on lunch ingredients, but we can afford it thanks to buying most groceries on sale and with coupons. Also, DH has saved a ton by not buying lunch more often.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 8:09pm

I used to have to leave the office if I wanted some peace and quiet to eat lunch. I didn't have a microwave in my car, so I usually ended up buying lunch. Not a Subway sandwich--I could make something similar. More like Chinese takeout, or Mexican, Ryan's buffet, etc.

I'm not much of a sandwich person.

These days, the trick to me eating lunch at home is to fix something I like that night before for supper. And preferably make enough so there is some for breakfast, too!