Wondering on Wed: Mid-month Check In

iVillage Member
Wondering on Wed: Mid-month Check In
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 10:13am
Hi everybody! It's about mid-month. How is your budget? Are you on track for July?

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-14-2010 - 11:12am

Ummm... NOPE!

Things have gotten out of hand.

Last night my dog, Illyria got sick. She was throwing up 3 times in one day and we could tell she didn't feel well. We also thought we seen blood in the vomit, so off to the vet. That was a 170 trip, when I budgeted 50. They NEVER get sick like this, so I'm going to have a envelope to work on from now on for the dogs. Thier vet allowance. We are still waiting on the blood work to come back, but she did eat some rice last night :-)

So we have one of those $250 pools that you buy at Wal*Mart, or similar location. We had it up, and it wasn't "level" it was close enough that it wasn't collapsing, but our chemicals got messed up BIG TIME, from algae getting in it, YUCK. and us trying to kill the algae, and we should of went to the pool shop from the start but diddn't. Well it was going to take over a week to get it straighten out, so I said lets get the pool level and start from scratch. So my brother and DH start to do the leveling project, we figured 200 to do it all. Well the lost level spot in the yard is right about the septic tank, so we couldn't but it there (we orginally had it there, but didn't realize it.) So we needed more bricks/sand/muscle. My brother did all the work for free, but now we have nice sandbox patio for the pool at the cost of 500!!! UGH talk about a budget buster, and this was the next best location. We still need to put up the pool and still clean it. That is todays project.

We are doing good on all other areas. Food we are actually doing really well, which is great. :-) I even went to the commisary, and bought the rest of the meat for the month, so we are good other than produce :-) YIPPIE!

summer siggy Photobucket

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 4:00am

My budget is a little tighter than I would like it to be as a result of working less hours last week, but it is still on track for July.

I'm currently doing the work to shape my long-term budget which will take some time, but is well worth it.

Lyn

Lyn

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-15-2010 - 8:58pm

Even living with my parents not entirely on track.

Photobucket