Had a great consult on Monday!

iVillage Member
Had a great consult on Monday!
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 9:26am
I am getting so excited. Basically he said he would get the paperwork out to my Insurance Company tomorrow. Then 2-4 weeks for approval and 4-6 weeks to schedule. I will stay overnight for IV antibiotics which I was a bit surprised about. But all in all, I'm really happy with the PS. Did I mention he is the father of an exboyfriend. How weird is that? I was kinda freaked out when he took pics, LOL!!!

Cherie

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 6:20pm
So glad you had a great consult!! That must be weird that he's an ex boyfriend's father but hey.. if he's good.. that's the important thing!

The pictures are part of the process unfortunately... kind of embarrassing though, aren't they?

I'm not famiiar with the IV antibiotics and staying overnight for that but I'm sure the PS has his reasons. Did he explain why??

I hope that everything runs smooth on the approval process!

Keep us posted.

Jill

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 11:17am
I didn't ask why he does the antibiotics, he just said he doesn't have any problems with post surgery infections. I'd rather him err on the side of caution.

Also, he said he likes to keep his pts overnight so he can take out the drains the next day without making you come back in to his office.

Besides, it's probably in my best interest to spend a night where there won't be 3 little ones wanting to jump on me, LOL!!!

Cherie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:46pm
Cherie I'm so glad your consult went so well since mine didn't! I meet with the other ps on the 15th and I'm looking forward to it!

Your in my thoughts and prayers! (The overnight stay in the hospital will probably be like going to a spa!..atleast someone's waiting on you instead of you waiting on them!!..) Just make sure you have someone to stay with the kids for a good week I'd say! You'll need your rest!

Trish

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:26pm
That's how I felt after having my third baby. The doctor said I could go home the next day or stay one more. I was like, are you nuts? Of course I want to stay! Let DH deal with the other two for another night and let me be pampered!!!

Cherie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:20pm
My doctor told me the same thing too after the birth of my 3rd baby!!! lol , I milked it and stayed an extra day too. I was going enjoy peace and sleep and being waited on before returning to chaos!!!! Have a great night...Sher.