It's Worth the Wait!

iVillage Member
It's Worth the Wait!
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:27am
I had BR surgery last Friday. I am 54 years old and thought it would be even a tougher recovery because of my "age". I am here to tell you it is the BEST thing I could have done for myself. My neck no longer hurts! Looking in the mirror now is not the prettiest sight, but I feel younger and more alive than ever. Just that weight coming off my front has given me a new outlook. It's only been 6 days since surgery but I feel great!

I bought all these gauze pads, tape, etc. expecting there to be a real mess. I have needed none of those things. Didn't save my receipt for K-Mart but will try to return them.

A little piece of advise for those dealing with insurance companies. I was denied twice, and followed through with the appeal process. Finally, I was approved. It was a 5 month process, but worth the wait. I really believe the insurance companies just automatically deny and wait and see if you are actually serious. It takes some perseverance, that's for sure.

For those ladies that are considering breast reduction, go for it! no matter what your age.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 9:57am
I was denied twice. The first time I sent in a letter written by my gynecologist. It was only about one paragraph but he said that he recommmended breast reduction surgery for me. Then I waited. Denied again. I then wrote a long letter stating that I had grooves in my shoulders, neck and shoulder pain from the weight of my breasts. I really just explained WHY I wanted/needed the surgery. Then came the second denial. The 3rd and final appeal went to an "outside" group/person...a clinical person. It was then that I was approved. Good luck, and DON'T EVER GIVE UP!

Pages