DEBT FREE! :)

iVillage Member
DEBT FREE! :)
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:27pm
I just wrote out the check for the last bad debt on my credit report!

"Debt free" isn't totally correct- I have a balance on my electric and gas bills that I am paying down and I have a credit card that I applied for to build up my credit- but I have been making the budget payments on the utilities regularly and I have been keeping a reasonable balance ($200) on the credit card and am paying more than double the minimum payment each month.

I am so excited! I told my dh that it feels like getting out of jail (well- I assume anyhow!)!

I am going to guard my credit closely now! For a long time I just felt like- who cares- my credit is already bad, why bother even trying? But I never imagined how good it would feel to not have a bad credit report!

I know I can go and apply for a loan or whatever and not feel that fear and embarrassment of what are they going to say when they see the report? Now I just have to build up some good credit and I can buy my house :)

Tara P

iVillage Member
In reply to: rainbowtvp
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:58pm
I'm doing the happy dance for you! You go girl!

cl-12by10

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:02pm
Tara, what great news, I would be so on top of the world. Keep up the good work!!

Corinna
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:20pm
I have to say... reading your post put a smile on my face. =)

I am very happy for you, and I am looking forward to the day that I can say the same.

Congratulations!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:51am
Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! You're doing a great job. And you're right it (probably ;-)) does feel like getting out of jail!

Sharon

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:38pm
Good for you girl. Keep it up....

MYM