How silly is this!

iVillage Member
How silly is this!
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 12:17pm
I thought you all would find this amusing...

I had an overdraft protection loan that I made the final payment on last month. well, last night I got a bill for 1 cent! Apparently, I accrued one cent of finance charge this month. :) So I called to get it removed, and was told "no!" . I actually had to drive down to the bank and give them a penny in order to have the account closed.

Now, how dumb is that??? :)

On another note: I made my first car payment this week. A bit discouraging. I was SO CLOSE to being paid off! *sigh*. Ah well, at least I'm safe driving to and from work. We have about $7500 worth of CC debt left. I'm doing some sewing work this month, so anything I make off of that will go to the ccs (after paying back my emergency fund for the money I took to buy the fabric).

Sorry I don't post more often. I'm usually too lazy to take my CL hat off from my other board! LOL

Sarah

210.5/<

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 5:38pm
Isn't that ridiculous! One penny! They wasted some employee's time telling you to pay that one penny, not to mention your gas money.

Citibank did that with me for 12 cents. They spent 37 cents mailing me a bill for 12 cents. Made no sense to me but what can we do except pay it.

Congrats on paying it off. Good for you!

cl-12by10