Just got back from 1.5 hour meeting with

iVillage Member
Just got back from 1.5 hour meeting with
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 12:04pm
credit counselling service. To be honest, none of my options look that great. No matter what options I choose I seem to be screwed. Bankruptcy has its disadvantages, the debt management program has its disadvantages, going like I am has definite disadvantages. Sigh. I just seem to be doomed.

I started crying at one point. God, I felt like such a weiner. I hated it. I now have to decide what I want to do. If I go with any of their programs I lose all my credit cards and really for my work I need at least one. But at the end once stuff is paied off they give you a good credit rating. ARRRGGHHHH!!! I feel so lost. Maybe I was better in denial. (okay, you can slap me for that).

I couldn't believe the amount of my budget. It sucks up almost 100% of my salary. How can I need so much when I make so much? I don't get it. I could never afford to even live if I made less according to that. I know in two years my car will be paid for and that will help, but still. I just feel completely lost and helpless. I don't know what is the best option (he suggested debt management but I hate the options for that too). He suggested getting a boarder and at first I said no, but maybe it will be an option. I don't know. WAHHHHH!!!

Okay. I just needed to whine. I think I may tell my boss I'm sick today and go home and cry and mope. :-)

Tam

Photobucket  

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 12:28pm
Hi Tam! It sounds like you have a lot to think about! Big hugs!!! Kath
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:02am
I feel your misery. I went to consumer credit counseling to consolidate my credit. They couldn't do anything better than what I had already. IMO - I think if you are way over your head, bankrupcy could be a good option - I would have done it had it not been for a pending lawsuit in my favor. If you get so far behind in paying your bills, etc. it is still going to leave a nice black mark on your credit. If you go bankrupt, at least you can save and pay cash for everything you want. 7 years on record for bankrupcy, but 20 years just to pay off credit. Just MO. Good luck.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:06am
Bankruptcy stays on your record for 10 years. (nt)
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:54am
Chapter 7 is 10 years; Chapter 13 is 7 yrs :) nt