Feeling a little more optimistic today..

iVillage Member
Feeling a little more optimistic today..
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:20pm
First of all I just wanted to thank everyone who replied to my post yesterday. I know this isn't the end of the world and it may take awhile to dig myself out of this hole, but I'm determined to do it no matter how long it takes. Anyway, I would like to see if a credit counselor could help me. I went to one a few years ago when I had less debt and my payments were only $144 a month. I had to drop out of the program because I lost my job, so I don't know if I can get back in again. Does anyone know about this? Also, I know I need to get all my bills together to take with me - I don't have any credit cards now, so I don't have to worry about that, but the thing is, I've been avoiding my bills for years - not even looking at them, just throwing them in the trash. I've been avoiding all the "unknown name"s and "blocked call"s - I get at least 5-8 a day....so I have no idea what state I'm in right now. I've stopped getting bills in the mail - only a couple of recent and small ones that I've already paid off last month. Does anyone know what the next step is? Can they tell from my credit report or something? I don't even know who the creditors I owe are! TIA for any information...this board seems really wonderful and I hope I am in the position one day to help somebody else here!

Cara
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:33pm
They should be able to get this information from your credit report.

Good luck! Things will be ok. In a little while, you'll be glad you pulled

your head out of the sand. The only way to make things better is to face them.

You can do it!