Anyone want to vent?

iVillage Member
Anyone want to vent?
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 5:48pm
I do - I do!!!

First I want to vent about Capitol One... They will not leave me alone. We went months and months at a time without paying them, not even opening the bills. During this time they finally stopped calling. Now that I'm dedicated to paying off my bills, I have been

sending them $75.00 every two weeks. Then this last week I squeezed in an extra $10.00. Well they called me TWICE yesterday, and once today. Each time the kept trying to say well we received your payment for $10.00 but your minimum due is at least $46.00. One lady tried to tell me I was going to recieve a late fee. I had to explain to them what I had been paying, and when I was going to pay them again. I almost lost it today, when she said she would note my account. I informed her that was what they were supposed to have done that yesterday BOTH times they called. Ugh... Also they increased my over the limit fee from $25.00 to $29.00! Why do they punish you for trying? Does anyone know when debt collectors can be accused of harrassment?

Just one more vent while I'm at it: Dh and his stupid ATM fee's. I cannot get it through his thick skull to stop using the ATM's that charge fee's. To top it off today he did a balance inquiry first which cost $1.50, plus $1.50 to get the cash and our bank will charges us another $1.50. I would of much rather used that $4.50 to send to Capitol One so they could call and tell me I only made a $4.50 payment! Our bank is just blocks from our house. Dh had to pass it this morning on his way to work. It would of taken what? 90 seconds to go through the drive thru and get his money! Ugh again...

Thank You for letting me vent! Go ahead and get yours out too it feels soooooo gooood!

-Darcy

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 11:03pm
credit counseling is fine when you know for sure it's reputable and all that. my concern is my aunt with consumer credit counseling and was told a creditor would work them and it turns out they don't. so it messed her up big time. i know when i called them they wanted more money than what i was paying creditor;s on my own. they said it was cuz sears didn't work with them. but yet they weren't helping us to pay sears. my only problem is sears. i have capital one and they have been more than cooperative with me. sears no matter what we send they call demaning more money. my dh minimum payment is 539.00 per month for 5,2942.42. these are the pay when we feel behind.

any suggestions? i just don't know whether to actully trust ccc and if not who to really trust. as i said i have only one other cc and that's up to date. i owe 850 on. err.

these people don't give two hoots about their customers. my husband had another cc but his daughter and her fiance rang that up and refused to pay so they closed it. now the kids pay for it but are complaining of high interest. err.

what do i do??

these credit counselours some of them charge a fee and it alot of times is more then monthly payment

what to do?

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 10:07pm
I JUST WANT TO ADD IF YOU DO GO TO LOOK FOR CREDIT COUNSELOR MAKE SURE IT HAS BBB LOGO. LOOK ON BBB WEBSITE IT'LL BE TO THE LEFT OF COMPANY NAME. THAT'S WHERE SOMEPEOPLE MAKE THEIR MISTAKES AND PAY DEARLY.

TJS

Pages