I need to make money

iVillage Member
I need to make money
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 10:43am
Cutting back on spending and paying down my debt isn't enough. Although I work full-time and am also a mother I need to make more money. Changing jobs is not an option right now. Any ideas? Even a little bit could go toward snowflaking.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 5:09pm
Hi, I am pretty much in the same boat. Need more money but going to work full time really is not an option. With two kiddos anything I make would be taken up in childcare expenses. Recently, I started to go through all of our closets and I am taking our hand me downs to consignment stores. Even some of the kids toys are going - they have lots - and don't play with a few of them. I am also planning on a garage sale this summer to sell household items I no longer want or need. You could sell stuff (extra stuff you are not using or needing) through the classifieds if you have bigger items like furniture etc.

Two years ago we had several garage sales and raised over 1000.00!

Also the work from home is a great idea. Even typing for someone, bookkeeping etc. Hope this helps.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2003 - 11:12am
Perhaps u can set up an internet business or something from home. Do you know about crafting? just an example.

Turning something you enjoy doing into a business. Also if u have stuff u want to get rid of, perhaps u can have a garage/yard sale.

Just a thought.

MYM