I'm ready to face the music

iVillage Member
I'm ready to face the music
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 10:01pm
I've been married just over 2 years and we have racked up $65,000 in credit card debt alone - not including all the other stuff. I have a severe spending problem. I have known this for years but have never done anything about it because I guess I wasn't ready. I kept saying "we'll start a budget by this date and that date" & I don't follow through. So far we've been able to make all the minimum payments but we're living paycheck to paycheck & are DROWNING FAST!!!!!!! I'm thinking of going to a Debtors Anonymous meeting on Saturday morning. I feel so ashamed of myself. My husband had no credit card debt ever before he met me.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 7:08am
I think you are taking the first big step in realizing that you need to take action now. I would say cut up all the cc, and go to that meeting. I'm not one to give much advice because i'm just trying to get ahead. But wanted to wish you luck and send you big (((((HUGS)))))))

Corinna
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 8:43am
Please don't be ashamed. You are taking the right steps. It might seem impossible but

you can dig your way out of this and figure out what makes you spend. You should

be proud that you're willing to work on it. You will get there!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 9:47am
You have done great in taking a first step by coming here...great people that will help you face this.

Have you started tracking? Do you know where every penny goes?

Have you taken a look at our Snowflaking website?

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-beckymk/snowflaking/

Just jump in and start, you will never make a "spending plan" or get it under control if you wait until the perfect time.

Hugs!!

Please continue to post here for emotional support as you work your way out of debt.

Becky