Thanks for the help

iVillage Member
Thanks for the help
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 3:00pm
I am really more of a lurker on this message board, but I wanted to thank all persons who post for their excellent advice and help. My husband and I got ourselves into a bad debt situation, and we are slowley climbing out, using much of your advice. In fact, thanks to an excellent suggestion to put something away for emergencies every month, we were able to fix our broken winshield using savings rahter than credit last month. If has not been easy, and I am dissapointed that our summer vacation will consist of going to the local pool, but I am excited to see that our balances are actually going down. While we have a long road ahead of us (the goal is debt free by December, 2007), some excellent advice on your part has really helped. For all those who don't know where to start, SNOWFLAKE. It really does help, even if you start with $5. Anyway, just wanted to (again) say thanks, and keep up the good work.

Julie

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 6:22pm
You are most welcome! And thank you for stopping and sharing your story and gratitude with us. It brightens my day to know you have found helpful suggestions here and that you will be debt-free in time. Each of us that frees ourself from this bondage is a bright candle for the others to keep up the fight.

cl-12by10