Its been along time since ive posted *m*

iVillage Member
Its been along time since ive posted *m*
Sun, 04-13-2003 - 7:33pm
Lets see, hummm last time i was here, i think i was trying to make money appear outa thin air lol still cant do that but there have been some seriuos upheaveals in my life.

Im no longer in California. My car had been in an accident while it was still under canadian insurance, and they wrote it off. So the insureance pppl paid my setllement as well as flew my husband and myself back to Canada. So we are now here living with my parents.

I found a job within 2 weeks of being home, not a high paying one, but any money is better than none right now. I also filed bankruptcy. Wow! i was sooo stressed while i was waiting for my appointment with the trustees, but theyw ere really great. They explained everything to me and answered all my questions. It still feels like ive taken the cheaters way out, but I didnt have any other way to pay off the credit cards. Sighzzz... like my moms says, well at least now you may have learned what credit cards are for and how to deal with them if you should even get one again. I have to complex and expense and income report every month for the trustee and I have to see a credit councellor at least twice before my bankruptcy is final. No problem there.

So now i suppose its time to really start over fresh, well, with a different attitude i guess. We have started the process for my husband to get his papers to work here in Canada. He and I talked alot about finances on the way home from town the other day. We are not gonna let this happen again... EVER....

Well, I will be back i promise. This board was ever so nice and ever so helpful when i first found it. :) Hard to find support like that anywhere.

Soooo..... Keep smiling and TTFN :) Charlene

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 8:47am
Sounds like you're on the right track! Welcome back.