GRRRR!!! #$(*^ MBNA

iVillage Member
GRRRR!!! #$(*^ MBNA
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 9:18am
I am so annoyed with this stupid credit card. Two weeks ago I was all proud of myself for calling them and making arrangements. Everything was all set, they'd never call me again, right? WRONG!!!!

This morning I'm trying to get my DD and myself ready for school/work when they call me at 8:15 telling me I owe them $200. DUH!!! I was sooooo peeved. I made all kinds of arrangements with this other woman, I have to even phone her when I make my payments by internet and now this idiot has no idea. There is nothing in the file so when it comes up, they just phone like little robots. I was very short with him, bordering on rude. So when I get to work I decide to phone the woman I dealt with and complain but she's on vacation until next week. However the other woman said that until the card it up-to-date, the other department will continue to phone sometimes, blah blah blah. I told her I was not happy and that I would be phoning again if it happened. What is the point of making arrangements if they are going to keep phoning your home? Whew!!

Done venting now. Thanks. Have a great Easter everyone. 4 day weekend for me. YEAH!!

Tam

Photobucket  

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 9:21am
Oh I so know what you mean about phone calls, I'm so disgusted in these companies but at least you are getting some where and MBNA is awful and they are tough, I wish I never set foot into there company. Good luck, I'm sure it will straighten out soon enough!!

Corinna
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 5:07pm
That is so frustrating!

I have heard/read that if you do make arrangements with creditors, you should get it in writing. Now I can see why. I can't believe they say that nothing shows up in the file. ARGH!!

Maybe when you finally talk to the woman helped you make arrangements, you could ask her to send you something in writing agreeing to the arrangements. Just a thought.

((Hugs))

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 6:26pm
I know just how you feel! I am so fed up with the phone calls from two of my creditors and I have made arrangements with both. I also am to the point of being short and snappy boderline rude with them. Each time they call I say you need to check all of your notes because it explains there what is going on. As a matter of fact yesterday one of them hung up on me! LOL! She called to say you minimun amount due is at least $46.00 and you only sent a payment of $6.00. I said if you check all of your information you will see that you have received 4 payments in the last 10 days and the $6.00 was just a little extra I could come up with(they don't like my snowflakes) I then told her she will receive another one on that day. She said oh, I see that here now. Click! Not even an apology or anything how rude!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 12:24am
Hi...I am new here...and I hope that I can help...

The problem is with most creditors is that most of them are so large...the customer service dept is in one area of the country...the collection dept in another area...and their computers aren't always insync with each other...

MBNA is one of the worst ones...so I would definitely any arrangement in writing and not only would I do that...but I would request to speak to that person's manager to confirm the arrangement and to notify the other departments who may be involved...

Good luck and hopefully they will stop bothering you...

Nichole

cl-nicnac49