Being accountable

iVillage Member
Being accountable
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 4:39pm
I need to be more accountable for my spending and charging, so I'll be posting victories here. (And back-slides too probably.)

Today I went to CVS, and paid cash for a pair of non-latex gloves that I wanted badly. My new latex dishwashing gloves made my hands crack and bleed because I'm allergic to them. The non-latex only cost $2.49. I didn't buy anything else in order to make a larger purchase that I could 'justify' charging.

laf

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 4:52pm
Knowing what you need and knowing what you can afford are major steps in debt reduction. Good for you for making wise decisions about spending your money.

Julie

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 8:53pm
Congrats on the cash purchase...but more importantly, I'm VERY GLAD to hear that your reaction was as minor as it was! I know of people who go into anaphalactic (sp?) shock b/c of allergies to latex. I'm glad you're okay!

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 9:57pm
One of the hardest things for me to learn was that it was okay to have needs, that it was MY job to determine and meet those needs, and that meeting those needs wasn't being selfish but self-caring. It sounds like you did yourself a self-caring good deed, and kept within budget as well. You go, girl!

One Day At A Time, With Love,

Eileen

lovespirit_nj

"Love is not consolation. It is lig