Thank you, Tahollow!

iVillage Member
Thank you, Tahollow!
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 4:49pm
After reading your "success post", I decided to finally ask for help. I, too, am one that is embarrased by the mistakes I have made and hate to ask for assistance. Well, within the past few months, I have had some car problems which caused me to write some bounced checks in order to have the car fixed (I had to have the car fixed so, that I can get to work and get my son to school-we are not on a bus line). Well, my bank covered those checks but fined me $30. per bounced check which turned out to be $150.00. OMG-I know! Well, a few minutes ago I called my bank and asked for the rep to kindly reverse at least one fee and she reversed (4) and credited my account $120. This made my week, as my account was down to $30.19. I just wanted to say thank you and if wasnt for your post, I probably wouldnt have asked and would have ended up bouncing more checks this weekend to pay for things such as gas and food. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:15am
I am so glad that my post helped you. I have always been the type to hold everything inside and I have always tried to handle all of my problems alone. Finally talking about my problem and asking for help has really helped me out a lot. I now feel like I have a support system and no longer feel scared. I was feeling as if I was the only person that had financial problems and that I was a bad person because of them. My sister informed me that I was not alone and that I could always turn to her for anything. Knowing I have that support really helps me now. I still have a long way to go but I now know that I can get through it. I am so happy that my post helped you out and look forward to the continued support this group gives me. Congratulations!