foreclosure assistances

iVillage Member
foreclosure assistances
Mon, 04-28-2003 - 6:45pm
Does anyone out there know anything about the companies that say they can guarantee to help you save your home in foreclosure. My husband and I paid one company $700 and they negotiated unreal payments with the lender and were unable to help us. There are 2 more companies we called that guarantee they will help with reasonable negotiations for the same aamount of money. We put our house up for sale today instead of losing in by foreclosure sale. We want to do everthing to keep it. we owe $15,000. HELP

Edited 4/29/2003 8:23:32 PM ET by shoppingbobbie
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 6:20am
A friend of mine was in the same situation and worked it out with the mortgage company a repayment plan.

Call them and see if they can do that for you they want their money not the house.

If they won't ask for a supervisor

still won't see if you can refinance with someone else but keep making those payments.

what is your total monthly payment?

have you tried to borrow from relatives?

I almost lost my house when my husband change careers, no income for 3 months I had to resort to cash advances on the credit card to pay bills and keep the house.

like taking from peter to pay paul.

I paid the credit card off 8 yrs ago, consolidated through the bank

that would be a last resort if you can't get caught up anyother way.

also if you can list your monthly expenses we can help with downsizing your expenses and

you can put that money towards the house.