Relocate or running away? m....

iVillage Member
Relocate or running away? m....
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 10:39am
Hi,

I'm going through so many challenges as many of us are. One thing that has popped

in our lives is the thought of relocating. At first it sounded great..

an escape....kwim? Also our emotions are running crazy, up and down as each week

is either better or worse..financially.

Now I'm not so thrilled with the idea. We live in a small home and have done

tons of work inside. It has taken us seven years to update etc.. and were almost

done inside. The outside needs work but all in due time. We live in a neighborhood

that with our income NOW we could not buy into the same quality as we are use to

living in. Yes we would make great money But the profit we make would have

to be put right back into a house. I'm sorry I'm rambling.

Just looking into other areas makes me love my home even more. Kinda don't realize

how blessed with what we have.

I think I also helped my dh even consider moving, with all my griping. When

it is just whining and thinking if we move all our problems will be gone.

Wishful thinking...lol

Good news dh might!!! be getting a new job. He is in the process of

interviews and they are real interested in him. Now that would be a

wonderful oppertunity for him and our family.

Thanks for listening to me.

I feel better just sharing! ;-) Marie
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 11:20am
Just a quick note to say I know how you feel. Growing up, we always moved every few years (air force brat), and I've seen that bleed into my grown-up life. As much as I think I want to stay in one place for a long time, after a few years (and the worse our problems get), I start feeling an itch to get out. It always seems like life will be better somewhere else. Then, when we actually make plans to do it, I start dragging my feet. I've seen this pattern over and over again in myself.

What I've learned I need is to learn to live in one place, to be content and face up to my challenges instead of running away from them. For me it would be running away. I don't know what it is for you, but I think you need to really soul search and find out where this impulse is coming from. And if you decide you need to stay where you are, then apologize to your husband for the roller coaster! LOL I know it drives mine crazy, the up and down. But also explain to him, of course, why.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do. Blessings,

Heather