Hi, first time visitor...

iVillage Member
Hi, first time visitor...
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 4:01pm
Wish I could say that I didn't belong on this board, but I guess we all goof up once in a while. I am a SAHM and I homeschool my oldest. We have a mountain of debt that we are trying to pay off, little by little. I don't want to go back into the traditional workforce as it would cost us too much money between private school (we won't put our oldest in public school where we are at) and daycare for a 1 year old.

Anyway, I think I have finally found a home-business opportunity that won't cause us to go deeper in debt, and hopefully will make some money. I want to be debt-free. It's just going to take a while to get that way, and personally, I had a lot of help getting into debt (although I can't lay all the blame on someone else.)

I guess that is enough rambling. BTW, I like the snowflaking idea. I have already been doing a little of that, but I have been taking smaller debts and paying them off first. It feels so good to mark a bill "PAID IN FULL"!

~Brit

Mom to two wonderful girls!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 4:38pm
Welcome micromouser. This is a great place to get emotional support while repaying our obligations. What is the home business opportunity you're looking at? That phrase makes me nervous with all the scams out there. :o)

CM Ms Joe Cool

Senior Community Moderator

moneylifecm@mail.ivillage.com

Ms Joe
CM Ms Joe Cool
moneylifecm@mail

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 4:48pm
Howdy micromouser - nice of you to join us. None of us are proud of our situations, but all of us are supportive of one another! Pull up a chair and see if any of us can help you or if you can help anyone. Lots of great advice and general "feel good" vibes here among the group.

We're glad you're joining us - perhaps someday to join the debt free board!

All my best,

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 4:53pm
Thank you for your concern. Believe me, DH and I have been taken by more than one of those scams. I am starting a business selling vitamins. It is going to be slow-going at first as we want to start the business without borrowing more money. The company I will be working with is not an MLM, and they don't have a high start-up cost. They encourage us to order what we need, as we need it. I have looked into several other "opportunities" and this is the first one that looked and smelled legit - if you know what I mean.

I'm not going to "hawk" my products here on any of the boards, because I do believe that would be against the rules. I will say that one of the reasons I am interested in this particular company is because they have a weight-loss program that I believe I can actually work with, and I think others will be able to use as well. (I don't do the Slim-Fast or Atkins type stuff - too restricting.) I hope that comment was not against any rules - if it is I will gladly edit it out.

~Brit

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 5:07pm
Pfshew! LOL! I'm so happy that you're happy with what you're going to be doing. Don't make the mistake I made with Mary Kay and buy more than you can sell quickly. If you can avoid carrying an inventory at all, I'd go that way, but that's just what I wish I'd done. tee hee!

You are going to be a great addition to the board and you haven't said anything in violation. As long as you don't ask anyone to contact you for more info or give out website/contact info, you're fine. :o)

Ms Joe

Ms Joe
CM Ms Joe Cool
moneylifecm@mail

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 5:37pm
Hmmm, Mary Kay was one of my mistakes a few years ago! I could give a list of stuff that has not worked!

As far as carrying inventory, I don't have to if I don't want to. In fact (for an extra charge) my customer can have thier order drop shipped to thier door!

~Brit

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 5:53pm
Hello there!!! Nice to see you again. (Hmmm....not so sure that sounds right considering. LOL!!!).

I'm glad you have found this board. Great group of people that will support you as you work your way out of debt (and make you think twice about spending more than you should since you know you'll have to admit it eventually. LOL!!!! At least for me.)

Becky

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 6:07pm
Woohoo! We can be MK failure buddies. LOL! I'm thinking of doing PartyLite because there's no inventory to carry and the product is shipped to the hostess or customer. :o)

I can't wait to read more from you here. You sound neat.

Ms Joe

Ms Joe
CM Ms Joe Cool
moneylifecm@mail

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 8:04am
If you wait a little while on the partylites opportunity, I may be able to give a little advice. I have a freind that I think just started her business this past winter, and she may have some tips or may let me know if it is a good opportunity or not.

~Brit

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 9:57am
Thanks sweetie. The gal I'd join under is the sister-in-law of a very dear friend. I can't wait for any advice you can throw my way.

Ms Joe

Ms Joe
CM Ms Joe Cool
moneylifecm@mail