Thanks Joie

iVillage Member
Thanks Joie
Tue, 04-29-2003 - 9:31pm
Our issue is actually a combination of waiting for clients to pay, and poor management. Plus I am so angry that we are paying for past money mistakes (and will be for a long time) that I just can't see straight sometimes. Our kids may pay for it in the end, by needing to go to daycare. That is NOT a criticism of anyone else who has their children in child care, it's just that we think me staying home is the best situation for our family. Work makes me way frazzled.

Anyway, I am feeling better today. I am trying to recognize that I don't need as much stuff as I think I do. Some days I do better than others.

wendy

iVillage Member
In reply to: wrsgarden
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 12:58pm
Once again, I can really understand. Sometimes I think that I'll never escape some of the dippy things I have done in the past. I just keep telling myself that it really will get better. And you are right, some days are much better then others. Actually, I congratulate you on wanting to stay home. I have to admit that I was the opposite. I get way too frazzled when I stay home. My long term reason for wanting to get this all under control, other than peace and to be able to say that I am not my parents, is so I can quite working and go to school full time for two years.

I don't know what to tell you about getting clients to pay. I currently work in construction and on a business level it is always an issue. Some of the projects we do are fairly large and the only way to eliminate the money crunch has been to progress bill early and often, we even write it into our contracts. Some of the companies we work with routinely pay in 45-60 days so it can be interesting. The other thing that has helped us are making collection calls starting at 30 days, sometimes sooner. Most of the time we just call up to see where our bill is in the payment cycle so we can plan accordingly. On the plus side, if there is a problem with the bill, we find out about it and can take care of it. At least with ours, often if there is a problem, they don't really call you and tell you about it, they just shelve the bill. Its kind of funny sometimes what large companies can get away with when it comes to paying their bills.

Anyway, back to work.

Joie

Joie

"We are what we think.  All that we are arises with our thoughts.  With our thoughts we make the world."