~~~~Doing the Happy Dance~~~~

iVillage Member
~~~~Doing the Happy Dance~~~~
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 1:35am
WooooHoooo! I am so happy I am dancing!!! Dh and I have been waiting for about a week now to see if he will be able to get extra hours from his work. Dh made a proposal to his boss last week and we got the word today that Dh got the contract for this extra work. This means an extra 12k (before taxes) a year! This will mean more hours for dh at work but the way we worked out except for one weekend day a month our boys will not see him any less.

None of this would have happened if I hadn't talked Dh's ears off about paying off our debt and saving money to buy a house. I don't mean I bugged him about working more - just talking about how we could cut costs or different ways of making $$. Well that got Dh thinking and he came up with the idea for this proposal for his boss. I am sooooo happy! I have already made a rough budget that includes things we don't have money for now (like clothing). Most of this extra money will be put towards our debt and eventually to savings. I just want to say to everyone out there it can be done. I used to feel like I would never see the day I would be able to own a home and have my debts paid (not including a mortgage) and now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I still have to figure out how long it will take to pay this off but right now it doesn't matter. All I know is that each month I will be able to see the balance go down on what we owe.

Sandra:)

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 6:29am
Yeay! That is good news! My DH works more than full time too, now that we have a budget and a goal (paying down the debt so we can buy a house) we will be able to be just like you and use that extra money for good and not evil, which is how I have come to think of credit cards. Evil! Congrats to your whole family!

Rebecca

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-30-2003 - 9:41am
Sandra,

I'm doing to happy dance too. I am so happy for u. Congrats to u and Hubby.

MYM