Today is May Day, and Pay Day

iVillage Member
Today is May Day, and Pay Day
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 1:40pm
With my overspending last month, I've wiped out all my savings, so I'm starting from scratch. I've asked DF to take a much more active role in helping me. Tonight I'm handing over my Amex card to him for safekeeping. Even though I've got the number memorized, at least I won't be able to use it in an 'emergency' (which there really is no such thing, really).

I'm taking an idea from the budgeting tips board, and 'keeping myself poor'. I've paid my three biggest bills for the month already, instead of waiting until the 9th and 24th when they're due. That way I won't think I have 'extra' money because I forgot it was earmarked for some bill already.

And if my inheritance ever does come in, I'll pay off Discover at $5540, Fleet at $3841, $500 into a CD or savings bond, $119 for the raised garden bed. Hooray, a plan!!!

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 2:08pm
Congrats! A plan is a beautiful thing! Right now I'm planning how to handle our dock rental which comes due in October. It's a few months away yet, but $1400 is a lot to come up with on short notice.

Now if only we can stick to our plans! LOL! Buy, hey, it's a start.

Sharon

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 2:47pm
Have u thought about taking your ccs and freezing them?

I did mine. In fact, I took a metal can and froze my card in it. The reason is I won't be able to put it in the microwave to defrost quickly. By the time, it defreeze I won't need it, or want to use it.

Just a thought!!!!

BTW, congrats on your plan.

MYM

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-01-2003 - 4:20pm
I Love the metal can idea! I never thought of that! LOL!

Sharon