Wheeling and dealing

iVillage Member
Wheeling and dealing
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:01am
What a banner morning I've had!

I realized yesterday that my Discover card 0% balance transfer deal had expired. They charged me $64 in finance charges this month. Ouch. So, I just transferred it to my newly opened Fleet account, with a 0% balance transfer for 6 months, and no transaction fees. I *almost* used MBNA checks I got yesterday, but read about the 3% transaction fee in the fine print, so I ripped those up.

And, I tried to roll two previous employer's retirement accounts into my present 401(k) account. Schwab has to mail me my PIN number, so I won't be able to do that until next week. But, I did get onto one of the old accounts, and moved my investments from ones that lost money last quarter, to one that made money. Wooo hoooo!!! I felt like a high-stakes gambler, playing around with money.

I feel much more in control of my money these past two days. Although I did hit the vending machine yesterday, and did have to pay a parking fine this week.

I handed my Amex over to DF yesterday, and will give him the Fleet card today. So, now I'll have just one credit card payment to make each month, and the interest rate is 0% for six months. Hooray!!!

Chipping away...

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-02-2003 - 10:41am
Hurray on the 0% balance transfer.

MYM