Thanks for your ideas....TN needs prayer

iVillage Member
Thanks for your ideas....TN needs prayer
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 7:58pm
Thank you to all who gave me ideas with my debt. It helps to know that others are in my same situation. There is hope! I am sure all of you have heard of the recent tornados in the West TN area. Also in MS and KS. I am from West TN, and we didnt get alot of damage, but I went to a nearby town (Jackson) today and am totally shocked at the devastation that I saw. I could not believe how drastic things changed in just a matter of minutes. My mom travels to Jackson everyday for cancer treatments. We were there one day and the next everything is gone. So many people lost homes, and 14 lost their lives. Also, a nurse told us at the hospital that 4 are missing. Please pray for all that were involved in the storms, I know it is totally off of the subject of debt, but it has been on my mind all day since I saw this tragic thing this morning. A post office was blown away, and there were mail jeeps overturned, mail strewn everywhere. It is just awful! Thanks for your ears. I just have a heavy heart tonight, wanted to share.

Thanks,

Lucy
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 8:26pm
My heart goes out to all of those people. It's just awful. I guess it reminds

me that things could be much worse and that I should be grateful

for the things I DO have.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 9:29pm
I live in East Tennessee and have said a prayer for those affected by the tornados. God Bless.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-06-2003 - 9:29pm
It puts my own problems into perscpective, that is for sure! My prayers are with everyone down there.

Rebecca

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 9:10am
Hey! I'm in west TN also. We had sirens and terrible storms last night. I am so tired from interrupted sleep the past 3 nights.

Those poor people in Jackson and Dyersburg - they have just been slammed this week and more is expected.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2003 - 9:20pm
We had sirens all night too.... Not much sleep going on here either. Just curious, where in West TN are you? I am in Savannah, it sure is a small world!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 8:46am
Outside Memphis in a town called Atoka. It is a small world. I think I have some friends going to a bowling tournament this weekend in Savannah.