Feeling much better about my situation

iVillage Member
Feeling much better about my situation
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 7:45pm
I dont know why...but I am feeling better about our financial situation today. LOL. Nothing has really happened drastically or anything, but I have a better outlook for some odd reason! I have decided that I am going to keep the house for now....I really feel like I would greatly regret the decision to sell it. We love our home. I am going to check into refinancing, and saving some on the payment, and I am going to inlist in one of the debt counseling services to pay off 2 of my really big cc accounts. I am going to try this snowflaking thing. I have a few small dept store credit cards that I am going to target, and am going to get them paid off once and for all. I put some stuff on Ebay last night, (I actually did not look around either) and already have some bids. I am going to use all of that cash for my dept store cards. I am out of a job this summer, I am hoping that the place that I work on Saturdays can use me a day during the week. I make pretty good there, but they just don't need anyone full time. I work at the middle school in the library part time during school months, and in summer I am usually unemployed except for my Ebay stuff! Oh, and did I mention that I opened the mailbox and found a magazine subscription thing for all these magazines that my husband must have taken. I can't wait for him to get in and I am going to let him have it!! Just when I try to scrimp and figure out creative ways to get this stuff paid down, here he comes in with all this extra junk!!!! The magazines were for all of these magazines that we would never use ESPN, TVGUIDE, MONEY, LOLLOLOLOL! That last one is pretty funny. My hubby has always had this really bad habit of falling for telemarketers sales pitches... he doesn't know how to say no. Well, I am babbling. I just wanted to share that I am feeling better about my situation, I am gonna look for a job this week for the summer. I gotta do something for extra cash, my mom offered to let me dig in her attic and have a yard sale. Her attic is really something else. NEver been cleaned out since 84'. Oh well, it's an idea!!!

Cheers!

Lucy
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 9:18pm
Lucy,

glad you decided to get the house. Also glad to hear that you are feeling better about your financial situation.

I agree you should let your husband have it. What is thinking subscribing to all those magaizines. I bet he does not read any. LOL!!!!!

MYM

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 1:39pm
I think feeling better about it is huge. Once I started visiting this board,

my whole outlook changed for the better. I can see others making HUGE steps,

and while I am still making baby steps, I know there is a light at the end of the

Debt Tunnel.

Rebecca