Took the money quiz

iVillage Member
Took the money quiz
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 9:41pm
I just finished taking the money quiz. Happy to know that according to the quiz, I'm in control.

A few months ago, when I posted on this board. My h and I were approx. $60,000 in debt. $40,000 were in cc (due to an affair he had). In addition, to trying to rebuild our marriage, we are trying to get out of debt. With cutting back on a few things. For instance, I canceled my cellphone, we lower on home phone package, lowered his cellphone plan (which we share), and replaced our light builds to lower watts, lowered the contribution to his 401K plan, and consolidated our cc to a 3.9% interest cc, we now owe $31,500 in cc. I'm not too concerned about our student loans, interest is low. We owe approx. $20,000. I'm just paying the minimum on them.

I also managed to start an emergency fund with some of our income tax money. I really think that by the end of this year, we will owe half of what we did at the beginning of this year.

MYM

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-12-2003 - 11:59pm
GOOD FOR YOU!!! You must be so happy with yourself! You certainly have inspired me and it just goes to show it can be done!!! Congrats on all your hard work.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 9:58am
Sandra,

thank you for your kind words. It is not easy.

MYM