cccs question

iVillage Member
cccs question
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 8:40am
For those of you who had/have/are using CCCS, do they continuely raise the pymt? We are in our third month and only once have we paid the original amt.(the first month) The second month is was increased by $13 and this month they want to increase it $41. May not sound like much separately, but together thats $54 more that quite frankly, for us is hard right now. I've been thinking about getting rid of them b/c of the already high pymt. They claim the cc want more money to agree to the plan. Can I refuse the increase or are they really just looking out for my best interests?
iVillage Member
In reply to: lori_boyd
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 9:48am
CCCS is never supposed to raise the rate at which you agreed to the very first month.

This sounds fishy to me. Is it a true CCCS or some fake out name of that sort????

The payment you agreed to the first month is what you can afford, not what the CC is willing to have you pay. That's the whole point of CCCS!

Don't let this set. Check this out and you might be getting ripped off.

For matter of fact, I was in CCCS, the real one for 3 years adn I raised the amount, they never did. My amount was $401 and I raised it to $500 and got out when I was about $5000 over.

Good luck!

Andi D.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 10:29am
THANK YOU!! All their stationary says CCCS with the little trademark. Going to call them today and say NO, no more money. We're close to 30K in debt (cc and dr. bills) and our pymt is 663!! (this after the $13 increase) So it's tough. I'm currently reading Mundis' book, which I discovered from this board, and I love it. So, I'm thinking of taking back our finances and seeing if I could do any better. I'm going to research thoroughly before I stop CCCS. I want to make sure this IS something I want to tak over!! :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 12:32pm
Well I've been with a CCCS for over a year now and they haven't ever raised my payments, hope by now you have called them and dropped from them, look around and check the BBB first!!

Corinna