To wrsgarden

Avatar for mymartes
iVillage Member
Registered: 03-26-2003
To wrsgarden
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 7:14pm
I don't know much about food stamps. Every state is different. In the state I live at, WIC is for pregnant women and children from birth through the age of 5. The pediatrician fills out a form for WIC. There is an income limit. WIC is a supplemental. They give u checks for milk, cereal, juice, beans, peanut butter, etc.

Every little helps. Call your local WIC office. I think Becky answered your question regarding food stamps.

Good luck.


iVillage Member
Registered: 04-01-2003
In reply to: mymartes
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 9:58pm

I don't really think we will qualify, although I am pregnant and DS is not even two. I'll check out their website and call the WIC office tomorrow. My state is cutting funding to all social programs, and I am sure WIC will be suffering along with every other program we have, grr.