Life officially stinks

iVillage Member
Life officially stinks
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 8:56pm
I've posted a couple times on this board and done my share of venting. BUT, I have to vent again. DH got fired yesterday!! Yep, finally have some plan of action and thought we would get on the road to recovery from his lay off at the first of the year. and WHAMO!! No job, again. Short story long, he worked for a masonry as an estimator. Like most contruction companies, it is a family owned busn and they mostly hire within the family and church. Occasionally they hire outside, which is what happened to us. Well, DH never really fit in and a lot of monkey crap was going on. Like he would do a bid like he was trained and the Pres would jump his case, but the other two estimators who did the same thing had perfect bids. (they were members of this church) Anyway, none of that matters now, what matter is NOW WHAT?!! Ugh!! I'm an on-line tutor which is good money but mostly part time. So back to the corportate I go. EXCEPT, DH moved us to a smaller town and the economy isn't exactly booming.

I don't know what we are going to do. I have't had time to save a dime. He only had this job for 8 weeks. I'm sinking and sinking fast!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!

Lori
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 9:01pm
Just wanted to send you some HUGS!!!!!

Can he re-apply for unemployment? Not sure how that works in the case but it can't hurt to try. Go apply for everything you can, the worst that can happen is they say "No", the best they can happen is say "Yes".

Becky

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 9:22pm
so sorry, big cyberhug for you.

Can he look for employment in another town?

Good luck....

I agree w/Becky. Apply for anything you can.

MYM

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 9:25pm
(((Lori))) - I'm so sorry! What a tough time you're having right now. I hope things work out okay. Keep us posted, okay?

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-22-2003 - 12:31pm
thanks for everybody's support!! *sniff* We'll survive. I am going to apply for everything I can. I mean I paid my share of taxes, it's time I use some of that resource. I'll keep everyone posted!!

thanks again!

lori