A Minor Victory!

iVillage Member
A Minor Victory!
Wed, 05-28-2003 - 7:22pm
I haven't been posting or checking in here for awhile because frankly, it's just been same-old, same-old--just schlogging along one bill at a time with no apparent end in sight.

Yesterday, though, I got an offer in the mail from a credit-card I already have (an old business card) to transfer other business-related balance to this card for 0-percent interest! I was thinking well, I don't have any other business-cards but why can't I get a lower rate on this one? It is currently 21.49%! So I called and gave them the old

"I'm shopping around for a lower interest rate and I'll switch to something else if you don't give me one" routine. They lowered my rate to 13.99%! Whoo hoo! Now I'll be able to pay off this silly card even faster...

Here's to progress (any progress is good progress!)

Ozbound - "Basically on my way to Australia"

CL for Bud

iVillage Member
In reply to: ozbound
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 8:34am
Good for you! You've inspired me to call Discover card and get the final payoff balance so I can close the account. Thanks!

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com

iVillage Member
In reply to: ozbound
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 12:28pm
Oz that's great news! Thanks for sharing it - and hey - I think it's much more than a minor victory :)

I'm glad to see you posting - I was thinking about you the other day - I sort of dropped of the planet here during my wedding planning, and was really hoping to see familiar "faces" when I resurfaced.

Here I am...and here you are!

All my best,

Danni

All my best,
Danni