Introducing me

iVillage Member
Introducing me
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 10:22am
Hello

I am happy to find this group. My name is Tiff, I am 27 married with 2 children and we have about 17000 in debt. (CC and a bank loan)

Here is a little about us.

My husband is the full time worker. I do part time stuff on contract but it doesn't bring in a lot ( if I am lucky 100 a week ) We really hit a slump in the last few months. Moeny we were owed from taxes never came and we ended up falling behind severely in all our debts. So you can imagine for the last while I have been getting calls, letters and basically becoming more stressed and depressed. We budget, tight.. we cut out all expenses that were unnecessary, but still , seems we are always short. I feel horrible about this, sometimes I just end up sitting there for hours crying and hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel..

I know a lot of you have probably been where I am , or still are. I hope we can all share help and support. I am glad I found this place.
iVillage Member
In reply to: tiffsedge
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 11:03am
HI there and welcome. I SO know what you mean about crying for hours, it's just awful isn't it? Once you fall behind it's SO hard to get caught up and just an awful way to live, phone calls, letters...etc, it just makes you want to run and hide. I myself am tired of living this way so I'm ready, finally after many years to make a change, it will be SO hard for me to do but I'm going to it. I'm glad you found your way here, hope you stay and you WILL get some good advice.

Corinna

iVillage Member
In reply to: tiffsedge
Thu, 05-29-2003 - 12:09pm
Hi Tiff and welcome to the board!

We're all here for you, so feel free to post anything you like. Debt can be terribly, terribly depressing, but one of the most important things you can learn from this board is You are NOT Your Debt. You simply owe some people some money. (this concept comes from the Mundis book How to Get out of Debt, Stay out of Debt and Live Prosperously.) It's a powerful statement and realization.

Welcome to the DSG - you're among friends here.

Danni

All my best,
Danni