I've been missing in action.....

iVillage Member
I've been missing in action.....
Sun, 06-01-2003 - 1:19pm
Hi! Just wanted to post to say hello to everyone, and give a quick update on what's been going on with me. I think I have been quite out of the loop since March after the format of the Ivillage boards changed, so still getting used to it.

I am alive, but I have recently received a lot of devistating news and have been rather depressed about a lot of things. I began to take my job hunt more seriously in May, but I have been still rather lazy about it. I have had some contacts and interviews for jobs, but I am a long way from being fully engaged in the job hunt. I will be busy most of this week with it as I have finally created a resume that has been receiving a lot of attention on those job boards with substantial opportunities, not junk jobs.

I am trying to not let my spending get the best of me....to help with the depression...well, that's a double-edged sword for sure! I have been charging or paying cash for everything I think I need for interviewing, but I have bought a few things in multiples...not good, but think I need the comfort factor..... so the debt went up slightly, but I'd rather see it go down, you know, you know, you know? I do continue to try to snowflake as frequently as possible, and I am on a new kick for June...My new motto is: "I really don't need anything this month." I have so much stuff on the bathroom counter, and the house is overrun with stuff, the closets overfloweth.........and I have a trip I want to go on next month, so I am stashing any temptation money in my little bank.......

So the struggle continues........but I hope to relax today.....turn on some CDs and try to go thru a few boxes of stuff to see what I can reorganize or toss out. I really want to go out for a little while, so may go get something to eat....It's June and I still have CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!!!

I will try to return and get support from this board more often 'cuz y'all are AWESOME!!!!!!!

Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:18am
Hey Littlesbigs - thanks for coming back and updating! I think getting out of the house is key - but decluttering *definitely* helps me with my cabin fever issues :)

Dh is convinced he needs to bolt his things down for fear they will be "decluttered" while he is away on business. I would not do that to him...but I'm strongly considering standing over him while he realistically assesses his t-shirt collection. He's got some that have massive holes chewed in the shoulders by our parrots, and others with who-knows-what stains on the front. Time to trim down the collection, IMO :)

Please check in and post - we enjoy having you here on the board! My job hunt is going, but I've found precious little to apply for in recent weeks. Heck - even Starbucks isn't calling me back - can be a big blow to the ego if I let it, but I'm doing fine otherwise :)

Take care!

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 12:01am
Hi, Danni! Thanks for writing back! My SO has t-shirt and sweatshirt issues, too, but I have discovered that it's just one thing that I have to live with.....There's some recent magazine that said most men do not want their partners dictating what to do with those t-shirts they have become so attached to.......More specifically in my case, my SO has a sweatshirt, jacket, and a holey pair of sneakers almost 15 years old on average for each piece....and he loves to wear them all the time.....and I CAN'T get him to throw them away...he wants to wear them until they fall off his back, literally.......I have to CORRECT him when he thinks those clothes are going out on a date with me, but at least that has gotten better. No parrot holes, just holes from being worn out.....but I do have a Senegal parrot! He luckily doesn't chew clothes.....

The job thing is tough right now.....HANG IN THERE!!!!!! I'll be working on my hunt and maybe even my house decluttering tomorrow!

Positive thoughts to you! Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 10:35am
littlesbig I have TWO senegals, both females - and the sennies are exactly the reason for the holes in the shirts :) :) - guess you got lucky with a non-chewer!

I'm pretty sure I read that magazine article as well - but since I'm the one who does all the laundry, I've come to an enough-is-enough point. Still - I won't do anything drastic to his t-shirts - that's for him to do.

:)

Danni

All my best,
Danni