Getting Excited about trip to Portland

iVillage Member
Getting Excited about trip to Portland
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:34am
DH and I go to Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA in just 2 weeks to look at real estate. We're not 100% sure if we're moving (I've never been up there at all) - but I've been researching like crazy, and really enjoying all that I read about the area.

We know a few people up there - they're "internet friends" - we've known them for years but have never met. We're looking forward to meeting quite a few folks for dinner. I've got a realtor in both OR and WA, and both have sent me some great listings - one home in particular is very exciting to me in Portland, but we'll have to see :)

I e-mailed a CA realtor last night to see what we can get for our current home. DH and I estimate we can save anywhere from 30-50% on mortgage by moving up north. We're both so thoroughly disgusted with CA lately - the traffic, the taxes, the education system, etc. Things that didn't much matter to me until now, when I'm looking to start a family.

So this is a big factor in our debt reduction strategy - major mortgage reduction! If I can just contain myself for the next 2 weeks :)

Danni

All my best,
Danni