Update from last week

iVillage Member
Update from last week
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 1:45pm
Hi everyone,

I had a pretty bad week last week. Both of our cars were down, and my stove broke. We were able to get into my SO car. Minor problem the battery. My car, my SO changed the filter and oil from the transmission and it worked but, on Sunday I went to meet with this lady that I do her bookkeeping and I got stuck and my car would not move. I was able to move it slowly closer to my house a police officer came behind me and told me I had to get it off the road. So I did. Today, I called the people that I bought it from and had them pick it up. I bought this car from this used car dealership. I had another car with them I put so much money into it and still owed I traded it in for this one. If this one has major problems I am just going to give it to them. Even though I end up losing. But, I can't keep paying for these car problems. We will have to manage with one car. BTW if you are wondering why I didn't have it towed is because I already paid for that once. I'm already way off my budget and could not afford to do it again.

About the stove my aunt's neighbor is remodeling the house and they put the stove that was in there to throw out. We asked if it worked and they said yes so, they gave it to me for free. All it needed was a major cleaning. Now I have a free stove :)

Thanks for listening.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 2:52pm
Score on the free stove! That's great news.

Sorry to hear about your car troubles. Sounds like the dealership isn't providing you with the best vehicles. If you can afford to be with just one car - it can be a tremendous savings overall.

All my best,

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 3:19pm
Way to go on the stove! What a resourceful solution! Now, if someone would just remodel their driveway and give you their working (but dirty) car... LOL

Sorry to hear about the vehicle. Cars are so expensive! They're the biggest reason I keep freedom accounts now (a la Mary Hunt). When I calculated how much we spend a year on repairs, insurance, etc. (not even counting gasoline and car payments), I was astounded. Now we put aside 1/12 of that amount each month so we're not caught off guard when repairs come due.

Anyway, good luck on becoming a one-car family, and I hope it works out for the best.

Blessings,

Heather