OT: sort of - keep your fingers crossed

iVillage Member
OT: sort of - keep your fingers crossed
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:27pm
Good vibes/prayers or anything else you would like to do for us tomorrow. LOL!

DH is taking his State Real Estate licensing exam tomorrow afternoon and basically we are at the point that everything depends on him passing that or we will be totally up a creek without a paddle and probably feel like we are capsizing. LOL!

I do realize just because he passes the test doesn't mean we get any income, he still has to go out there and sell houses, it still won't be a bed of roses but certainly will improve the outlook a lot better!!

Becky

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:35pm
I'm wishing you and your DH all the best!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 10:39pm
Sending good vibes your (and DH's) way!

wendy

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 12:47am
Happy vibes for the Becky Family!!!!!

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 7:52am
Good luck Becky, I'm sure it will go great. If it's meant to be, it will happen!
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 10:02am
good luck to your dh. i pray his is sucessful in selling real estate.

mym

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 6:03pm
Thanks everyone!!!

DH got home a while ago and he PASSED!!! Woo Hoo!!!

He said it was a really hard test and you could tell he's relieved that part is over. :)

Unfortunately, they don't tell you how well you did, just a direct pass/fail type of thing.

Another step is now down (and the huge main one). The next step is to call the Real Estate office tomorrow where he took the class and see if he can work as an agent in that office (from our understanding, if you take the class through them they *guarantee* you that you can work for their office but we won't find out for sure and more details, etc... until tomorrow) and Yikes, find out what exactly start up costs are but we knew that going in, they had estimated about $1,000 but we don't know what all they were including in that as they just give you a basic info stuff when looking into schooling not the actual "if you go with our office here are the specifics" (i.e. was the $250 we paid for him to take the class considered a start up fee to be a sales agent? And he will get $125 as a credit from them if we go with them (we asked because they said they had a tuition reimbursement program and that is what that is). Woo Hoo) but there are fees that doesn't matter where you go you have to pay (i.e. lockbox fees, MLS fees, being a member of the Realtor Association fees, etc...)).

But basically, he is now legal to sell houses in the state of Illinois!! Woo Hoo!! Just has to get a broker to work under (can't just hang a shingle up and start selling. LOL! He would need a brokers license for that and you have to work X hours as a salesperson first plus more schooling! LOL!).

Becky

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 12:20am
Hi, Becky! I'm doing a happy dance for you and your DH!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Littlesbigs
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 10:30am
Great News Becky! That's terrific. Congrats to you and your dh.

Danni

All my best,
Danni