Still here... house is up in air!

iVillage Member
Still here... house is up in air!
Mon, 06-02-2003 - 11:37pm
Well, as of today my house has still not be shown. The realtor (my cousin) has told me that the couple that was interested just have not been about to find time to come and see it. I dont know if they are just giving him the run-around or what... There is a house in our neighborhood (which is very important for me to stay in this neighborhood) that has just come on the market and is more our price range. It also has a pool! My kids would love it! Dh called the person that has that home listed and asked for some details on it, and it sounds pretty good.....she is a really motivated realtor in this town, and is known for selling alot of properties. So, while dh was asking about the house, she asked if she could come over and take some photos of our house. He told her that would be fine. So, if this lady has anything to do with it, my house WILL sell. She is that good. I am sad, to know that I will be leaving my dream home, but I think always in the back of my mind, I knew that we could not stay here forever. We have struggled for 14 months of a LARGE payment, and it has not been easy. I know that it is not worth the stress and worry to be able to live here. I love my home, but I love my health too. Thanks for listening to me babble.

Lucy
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 12:50am
Lucy I hope everything works out for you. I thought this great brand new home was my dream home - but the mortgage payment stresses me out too.

The funny thing is, I actually think my true dream house is almost 100 years old! Keep your mind and your options open - you may find a new dream house...really.

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 4:44am
Good luck! It sounds like you're feeling a little better, and that's good to hear. It's still sad to possibly leave your "dream" home, but the other poster had a good point. Maybe the new place will be your true dream.

Blessings,

Heather

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 2:02pm
Hi!

My DH & I sold a house we loved in October of 2001. He had just lost his job and although we could still afford the mortgage payments on my salary, it was going to be very tight. We noticed all our neighbors were selling and found out that our house was worth 3 times what we paid for it. We paid off our mortgage, $40,000 in debt and 20,000 for a downpayment on a new house and still had 7,000 left over. My salary comfortably covers all the bills, so my DH can stay at home with out daughter. It also gave him an opportunity to develop his own business, which is starting to turn a good profit.

If you had asked us even a month before we listed the house, we would have said we would never sell. But times changes. Remember that houses are just objects and homes are what you build in them. It's hard to leave a house with memories. I hope it works out for you and you can build new dreams in your new home.

Sandy
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-03-2003 - 6:15pm
It's never easy to leave a dream home, but your health is always the most important thing. You never know, down the road you can be in a dream home again.