Help! Over the limit fee question...

iVillage Member
Help! Over the limit fee question...
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 10:52am
Hello all - well, I'm panicking again. One of my cc's, at $9550 with a 13.5% APR, will go over the limit in a few days when they process the next bill, and I haven't a cent to put toward it to prevent it from going over the limit, which is $9600.

I can handle an extra over the limit fee, but will they definitely raise the APR? If they do, I'm in big, big trouble. My monthly payments are already $190, and if they raise the APR to 25 or 29%, I'll have problems making the payments.

If they do raise the APR, is there anyway that I can get them to lower it?

ANY advice would be extremely helpful! I'm really worried about this...

Thanks to all,

Steve

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 12:50pm
I would definitely call your credit card company now and see if they'll work with you to prevent your cc from going over the limit. Can you maybe make an extra payment over the phone or online to prevent that from happening? I'm sure they'll appreciate you contacting them first and taking the initiative. It's not a guarantee that your APR will increase if you go over the limit, but cc companies love using that excuse! Call them ASAP and keep from finding out if it will affect your APR! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Akirez