I feel like a kid in a candy store

iVillage Member
I feel like a kid in a candy store
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 1:58pm
LOL!!!

DH just went over to the Realtors today and has been gone for about an hour! It's driving me nuts though because I have no idea what is going on (OK, so the control part of me wants to know...is this it? Are we all set? You can actually start making an income now?). LOL!!

Since he's been gone for such a long time I'm assuming it means they are going over all the details of working in that office, etc... It's been such a LONG road for us and I've tried to keep the stress level in check (i.e. put on a happy face! ESPECIALLY for DH when he's around and you certainly don't want the kids to worry too much...although I never kept anything from them. My DD has been keenly aware of what is going on..although I don't think she completely understand the magnitude but that's OK, she shouldn't have to, it's our job to care for her not the other way around) that I think I'm about ready to actually be feel the weight coming off the shoulders so to speak! At least it's a start and the potential is there to definately do better than he did at his old job (although probably will have to work a LOT more hours doing it at least at first when you don't have the word of mouth referrals and he basically just has to do everything from scratch just to get a listing). Now we have to get a cell phone though. :( But we will be able to write that off as a business expense.

I also just want to say thanks to everyone here for putting up with my saga on this! Has definately been an eye opener and I know we aren't out of the woods yet. No sales, no paycheck, so we will still be broke for quite a while. I also have to figure out how you pay bills being solely on commission - YIKES!! Talk about making sure you have an emergency fund with a short time to do it (I've heard you can literally go December/January with no income at all...so need to make sure I have those 2 months mortgages stashed). EEK! I've never had to deal with that before. DH was on commission when we got married but it was commission plus base, so you were always guaranteed an amount every week.

And now that I wrote ALL of this out, he came back home to get the checkbook and basically said by the end of the day he will be able to start. Training starts on Monday! Talk about perfect timing!! And the Training is optional, so *technically* after he gets done doing a bunch of running around today, he can start. He said he has filled out a TON of paperwork (said it was worse than getting a mortgage). They give him announcement cards and do a press release for him too! Woo Hoo!!!

Becky - Who is "dancing on the ceiling" right now!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 2:13pm
OH, that is such good news! I know it is no guarantee of income, but what a relief!

wendy

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 3:39pm
YAY!!! *What* a relief, huh?!?! WOW-good for him, and how good of a day is this now?! LOL-i am very very happy and relieved for you, Becky!

*\o/* *\o/* *\o/* YAY!

~Lisa

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 4:42pm
Becky just wanted to say congratulations and i'm so happy for you, I can't wait for him to sell his first house.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 7:09pm
Yeah! Woo Hoo, bring in the marching band. I'm praying for you that the income starts soon!!!

Rebecca

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-04-2003 - 7:14pm
Great news Becky! I'm very happy for you and your family! Excellent timing.

Danni

All my best,
Danni