Debt Freedom Date

iVillage Member
Debt Freedom Date
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 12:50pm
I just finished my budget spreadsheet and I'm excited. Using conservative snowflake amounts I project that we'll be debt free by April 2005. That is only 23 months. I printed out the spreadsheet pages and they will be posted on the refrigerator as a reminded to me and DH to stay on track. I hope since I was conservative on my snowflake amount and the fact that since the accounts will be paid ahead of schedule I'll be saving on interest so hopefully the debt free date could be even sooner.

The debts I'm paying off are credit card, 96 Toyota, doctor bill, 02 Toyota, 401k loan, and mortgage for a total of $47,942.52.

Thanks to everyone here I've learned so much and have developed the skills and discipline I need to reach this goal.

iVillage Member
In reply to: jbtex
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 7:09pm
That's outstanding! Good for you. I know with your determination that it will probably be SOONER than your projected date! I know I would get sooooo impatient those last few months I'd be snowflaking enough to start a blizzard! (I know, you don't GET blizzards in Texas-but here's your chance to have one, LOL)

Wow-I'm so impressed with you! I'm so glad that you are *almost* there-

~Lisa :)