Scissors in hand and starting to cut. .

iVillage Member
Scissors in hand and starting to cut. .
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 5:51pm
up some of our cards. It feels good to do this! They are cards we have not used in a couple of years so really, I can't take credit for making too much of a sacrifice! BUT it is a start and I told dh that after he gets paid this month and we will now have his extra income (about 1000.00) a month I do not want him charging his gas anymore. (that is mostly what we were charging). Some months we didn't pay it in full and a few months later we would get caught up but still I don't want to use them anymore! When we get this extra money first thing I am doing is setting some aside to pay for his gas.

Sandra

Now, I am making a sacrifice. I am cutting up my *gulp* Mastercard too. Here it goes. . . . .woo hoo feels good. Dh still has his Mastercard but he does need it for work expenses for which he is reimbursed for. Now all I have is one Visa card that I never use for purchases but will keep. (does come in handy if booking things by phone but not unless I already have the money to pay it off pronto)!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 6:55pm
Sending you postitive vibes for being so brave and very smart to get rid of the cards you aren't using......eliminating temptation is a good thing!

Best wishes on your journey out of debt!

Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 10:07pm
good for you, sandra.

mym

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2003 - 4:02pm
LOL Sandra, I know exactly how that *gulp* feels :-)

And wow, are you ever going to look at purchases differently now, I did anyway. Even this weekend, Hubby & I SPLIT a cash purchased club sandwich rather than each buying a meal. LOL, that never would have happened before, we would have had the entre, dessert, drinks and who knows what else if we were using a card. (Out doing the tourist thing since we had a built in grandmother/babysitter and free use of a car for a day, and of course we were so excited to be getting out of here childless for once that we didn't think ahead about lunch at all and ended up at an expensive tourist trap diner! I guess I really haven't been out in a while 'cuz I just about died when I saw that a club sandwich was $8.50 and there was absolutely no way I was going to eat away $8.50 of my allowance!)

Congrats Sandra, I'm like a proud Mama here reading your post. Doing my "you go girl" chair dance for you. :-)

Lorraine