Really bothered!

iVillage Member
Really bothered!
Fri, 06-06-2003 - 6:20pm
I saw a copy of my credit report today when I co-signed on an apartment for my adult daughter. I have been paying my bills like clock-work, on time and over the minimum for three solid years! I have pulled my credit report from all three bureaus and there are four late payments on my record over the past seven years, FOUR! When I looked at the report my daughter's landlord had it said that I had "frequent delinquincies"! "FREQUENT DELINQUINCIES"? Four late payments in seven years with three years of a perfect record!

I am so angry about this. I am just steamed! In the past three years we have paid off our mortgage and paid $52,000 in cc debt. Now I know I allowed my limits to go way too high and was late those four times but geez! This just seems so unfair to me. Sometimes I think the credit bureaus just want it to seem like everyone has rotten credit for one reason or another.

My daughter got her lease approved and she is working with me to be sure that her payments are on time or early.

It really does not matter so much but I needed to vent! Thanks for listening!

cl-12by10

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 6:09pm
That would bother me too. I have not looked at my credit report for a few years. So this week I have plans to pull mine as well. In Canada, we can order one free report a year and so I am going to do it more to be sure that everything is accurate.

Have you phoned the credit agency and have them explain what constitutes "frequent delinquecies"?. Perhaps you can have that changed? Just a thought.

Sandra

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 8:28pm
Thanks Sandra, that's a good idea! I think I will call that landlord and ask for a copy of the report and then call the company that generated it. It is so unfair.

cl-12by10