Newbie!

iVillage Member
Newbie!
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 5:07pm
I have written a couple of times and have been watching for like a week, so I thought maybe I would introduce myself and my debt, as I often feel that it is a huge boulder sitting on my shoulder for the world to see my burden! I am 23 and owe $40,000. How did that happen? Last year I graduated from college, bought a house, and got married. My mom kids that I needed to have a baby and then I could just get all 5 of the major life stresses done at once. But the main thing that put me in debt was our house. The inspector we had missed a whole buch of really expensive things. We had to spend $1500 on a pellet stove last year for heat only to find out that the chimney wasn't done right and it was posing a threat. So this year we have spent another $6900 on a heating unit. Oh and my car broke down and so being a college grad I thought I deserved a brand new one, $508/month. My hubby has a brand new truck that we hardly ever use and he is trying to get rid of, not to mention he did bring some considerable debt into the picture. Our credit scores are good though and we always make above the minimum due. I am looking into the snowflaking thing. I just really want my debt paid off!!

Sarah

iVillage Member
In reply to: sariedoo
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 5:20pm
Hello Sarah and welcome to the DSG. Thanks for posting and letting us know where you stand with your debt. That's really too bad that the inspector missed these pricey items. It's a good heads up to the rest of us to be aware of such possibilities.

Best of luck to your dh with selling his truck. Have you considered also selling your car for something more affordable? I'm sure that the car *seemed* affordable until life in a house caught up to you!

Glad you're posting.

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
In reply to: sariedoo
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 9:08am
Hi Sarah,

You're in the right place. The ladies on this board have wonderful ideas about paying off debt, and living life at the same time. There's lots of diversity here - single no kids, married no kids, married with kids, single with kids. All ages, all over the country and Canada too.

Keep reading and posting. You'll be all right.

Lee Ann

Lee Ann

www.werenotafraid.com