Not the right job for me *sigh*

iVillage Member
Not the right job for me *sigh*
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 5:16pm
Okay - the irony of this does not escape me...

I went for a job interview today for a temp position. I was told by the agency that the job is reviewing contracts and extracting data.

Well apparently that's only part of the job. The other part is taking calls from irate vendors and...get this...belligerant collection agencies!! I told them no thank you.

Can you believe that? :)

Danni

All my best,
Danni

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 6:14pm
Yikes! That's awful! Hang in there, Danni! I'm starting my job hunt as a full-time gig as of today (but taking a "vacation" from it on Friday), and I am getting frustrated already myself. Such a variety of jobs out there, and I can do many of them, but the competition is fierce, and the requirements for some would require me to attend a lot of training on my own dollars, and I don't have enough of them to comfortably take another class again this year...Also, I , too, wonder what the real deal is going to be when I get to the interviews and find out what the job REALLY is!

Best wishes and positive thoughts that you will find the right thing for you SOON!!!!!

Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 7:22pm
That's awful! The irony hasn't escaped me...Not to upset you, but if the temp agency didn't tell you all the information, it doesn't sound like they are screening their clients very well--that's just my two cents without knowing the whole situation. For every temp job that i have walked into, my duties have been pretty much as described to me by the agency before I have agreed to take the job. I really hope things work out for you. I have an interview for a permanent job tomorrow and I am really keeping my fingers crossed!! It would solve my money problems (like the fact that I don't have any...) if I got this job. Good luck with the search.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2003 - 9:31pm
Yuck. I am glad that you were in a position that you could say no. I had an interview for a job in January and when I got there they said that on top of my project management responsibilites, I would have to go and pick up client lunches everyday. Not terrible but also not what I went to college for, I didn't get the offer, but I am not too sorry about it!

Something great will come your way soon, you are always so positive and what comes around goes around!!!

Rebecca J.