Not much Progress

iVillage Member
Not much Progress
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 6:20pm
Okay, I wrote awhile back about my situation, and I'm shameful to say, I haven't made any more progress on my debt. :( I was doing so good...paying $600 to one credit card, but an emergency happened charging $500 back on. Plus interest, I'm back to the same boat. Can I ever leave!!! On a lighter side, I did sell a couple things on ebay, making about $120, so I'm excited about that. I am trying to dedicate myself to paying off all my debt and finally be debt free, but things keep coming up! WHY! Just venting my frustration. I'm sure many others on this board know what I'm talking about. Thanks for reading!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 11:46pm
Hey, you are doing better than you think! You are aware of your spending, and you aren't making your situation a lot worse...you are just dealing with life. So don't beat yourself up over it. This can be a journey with a lot of twists and turns, life AND Debt!Keep doing the best you can! Best wishes, Littlesbigs

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 9:20am
Are you sure I didn't write that post! Sound like me. I started posting a while back then stopped and then Christmas happened and a trip home and more charges...then I came back! I think the key is stay on this board, at least reading and posting on the weekly check-ins.

$500 for an emergency really isn't all that bad - mine was 2 kids in braces. {{{Ouch}}}

And it sounds as though you trying to get ahead - you sold some stuff on e-bay, Yeah for you!!!