need some happy thoughts and prayers (m)

iVillage Member
need some happy thoughts and prayers (m)
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 10:14pm
Hi everyone,

Well as some of you know, I was terminated from my job last week because of a misdemeanor that I had 5 years ago. My boss believed in me enough to get Human Resourses to make an exception. That exception is that once my misdemeanor has been vacated from my record, I can return to work. My court date is July 3rd, which means the earliest I can return to my job is July 7th....In the meantime, last month I emptied our savings to fix the car and pay for some bills. We don't have any money in savings at all. I'm going to cash out my 401k from my old job and the cash balance in the meantime...other than that I won't have a paycheck until the middle of the month or maybe even the end of July. My DH and I are just thankful that I still have a job waiting for me in July, but it's so hard not to be down about not having any money for the next month or so. My husband works in retail so the money is very minor.. plus he only works part time, because I was the breadmaker, he was able to stay home with our 2 kids. Now with me losing my job, it is so hard to make ends meet.

We've cleared close to $2,500 of our debt in the past year and a half...now I'm afraid, we've fallen behind. We are staying with my parents, so at least we don't have to worry about rent. On top of that we don't have healthcare until my first day back to work. Healthcare ended on the day that I was terminated.

I am at my whit's end, but I'm very happy that my husband and I are not arguing about money...

Please send positive thoughts and prayers our way...we really need it right now...

Thanks for listening to my babble...

lvhunnie

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2003 - 11:38pm
Positive energy and thoughts to you! Hang in there....remember you are a good person! Littlesbigs
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 9:20am
sending them you way!